Friday, June 27, 2014

What God Can Do With....

                                 A Small Yes...
I remember sitting in our living room in January 2013 talking to my Mom about my desire to go to Uganda. I didn't know anyone who had been to Uganda and I didn't know what I would do here, but felt God was leading me to go.I had no idea that in February of 2014 I would be boarding a plane to Jinja, Uganda. I planned to stay here for 9 weeks and head back to the States just two weeks before my 18th birthday. God had other plans however, plans to use my small yes for things I had no idea about. It has been amazing to see things unfold in God's timing. There have been many challenges along the way, but it's been an amazing journey so far.
It is now the end of June and I am still here in Jinja, Uganda. I am beginning the process of starting a home here. God has placed some children in my life and a deep love for them. After A LOT of prayer I feel like God is leading me to start a home here with them. It is both scary and exciting to think about this possibility as well as finding out what all will be involved. I know that if it truly is something God is calling me to do He will provide everything that is needed for it. He doesn't expect me to do this on my own. 

This is still something that is just in the beginning process. There is still so much that I have to do, look into, and pray about. If you would like to be a part of starting this home there are a couple ways that you can help. The first and most important thing is prayer. Just pray for these children and that God will continue leading me in this process. Also financially I am currently trying to get my work visa so that I can start this home and am able to stay in the country for longer than 6 months at a time. It will cost me about $2000 to purchase a work visa.


If you would like to donate towards this ministry you can either hit the "donate" button on the right hand side bar of this blog.

 OR
You can go to this link: http://nextgenministries.blogspot.com/ ~ if you donate through here your donation is tax deductible, just make sure to specify that the donation is for Morgan’s Home!

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your lives to read and see what has been going on in   my life!

Blessings to you and your family!
 ~ Morgan ~





No comments:

Post a Comment